JNTUA College of Engineering (Autonomous) Ananthapuramu
Sir Mokshagundam Vishveshwariah Road, Ananthapuramu, Andhra Pradesh-515002, INDIA
An ISO 9001:2015 Certified Institution
JNTUA College of Engineering, Ananthapuramu stands aloft on a solid foundation of past glory and prestige. This college was started in the year 1946, under the post war reconstruction program and functioned at Guindy campus, Madras for two years and was shifted to Anantapur in 1948. It was in the year 1958 that the college was shifted to the present permanent buildings accommodating the Administrative block, Laboratories, the Engineering Departments, Library and the Hostel blocks. During the first 25 years of its existence, it was affiliated to the Madras and S V University and produced distinguished alumni, who are holding high positions, in India and abroad. It has great tradition to be proud of. Fortified with traditional values and dedicated spirit of the staff and the students, it would rise up to any occasion or meet any challenge confidently.
The college became a constituent college of the formed Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad in 1972 and presently it is a constituent college of newly formed JNT University Anantapur, Anantapur since August 2008. This college has vast campus sprawling over an area of 185 acres, in a peaceful atmosphere, away from the dust and din of the town. With this a new era was ushered in Technical Education. Consequently there was an impetus to the academic activity of this college. Thought the College was initially established to provide basic technical education, with the passage of time, it emerged out, as one of the colleges to fulfill the technical need of our fast developing India with highly professional and well trained graduates.